Dr. Tommy Stoddard
Dr. Tommy Stoddard is a native of Greenwood who graduated from Greenwood High School in 1976. He attended Clemson University and graduated in 1980 with a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Microbiology. He received his Doctor of Dental Medicine degree (D.M.D.) from the Medical University of South Carolina in 1984 and began his practice of General Dentistry in Greenwood.
Dr. Stoddard has had extensive post-doctoral training in all areas of dentistry. Some of his particular interests are cosmetic smile design and restorative dentistry using life-like ceramic materials that closely resemble natural teeth.
His professional memberships include:
- American Dental Association
- South Carolina Dental Association
- Piedmont District Dental Association-Past President
- International College of Dentists
- Listed in Guide to America’s Top Dentists, 2005-2006 Edition
Dr. Stoddard is an active sports enthusiast who would rather participate than watch. He plays Tennis and Golf regularly and participates in triathlons and distance running events when time permits.
Dr. Stoddard is active in several civic organizations in Greenwood including:
- Boy Scouts of America-Past District Chairman of Long Cane District and Blue Ridge Council Board Member
- Greenwood Rotary Club-Past President
- First Baptist Church of Greenwood, Diaconate
- Self Regional Healthcare Foundation Board
- Board member of Greenwood Humane Society
- Wellness Works of Self Regional Board of Directors
- Board member of the Greenwood Community Theater
He is also the Dentist for Connie Maxwell Children’s Home, Wesley Commons Healthcare Center and National Healthcare Center. Dr. Stoddard and his wife Tara have two children, Katie and Thomas.